Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Thursday, February 1, 2007

A Girl's Favourite Things/People

It is always interesting to note the criterion which any six year old uses to pass judgement. Just this afternoon, I asked Nic which is her favourite lesson and why. "Music lesson, I like Music" quipped Nic, bursting with enthusiasm. "Who is your favourite teacher and why?" I continued. "Mrs Koh, the Music teacher. Because she is very pretty, she's the prettiest of all the teachers. She has long straight hair and big eyes." So you see? The criterion which Nic uses is the criterion of physical appearance. To qualify to be a "favourite teacher", one must be pretty and outshine the others in this aspect. "Do you like your Chinese language teacher?" I tried to ask further. "Not really, she looks like a boy" came Nic's frank answer. I have just affirmed that physical beauty is an important pre-requisite to be a teacher and that delivery of lessons is second in importance, if at all. Hmmm....

Although this sounds rather judgemental, I think it's true that physical beauty does help in one's career. This doesn't just apply to beauty contestants in Ms Universe pageants but to everyone too, including mummies as well. So mums out there who are reading my blog, take note... remember that pretty mums are "favourite mums". Now now, where's my anti-ageing, anti-oxidant face cream and anti-wrinkles, anti-puffiness eye cream....***panic***

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration