Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Friday, February 23, 2007

Korean skincare products: tried n tested

It is highly recommended that you read the article featuring Korean skincare products in page 4 of The Straits Times URBAN of February 22 2007 before going through my reviews.

Lately, I've been immersing myself into yet another wave of Korean culture (or K-wave as it is commonly termed) - that of using their skincare products. A once loyal fan of classic European brands and still a long-term, die-hard, hard core fan of Japanese skincare, I am now impressed by the Korean skincare products that can be found islandwide. Indeed these Korean products stand out from their European / Japanese counterparts with their nifty packaging and value-for-money quality. There are now 3 Korean skincare products in my extensive toiletries range, fighting for shelf space with the others. The Vital Red Soil foamy cleanser, the fruit mix cleansing cream (smells like mixed fruits yoghurt and has the texture of one too) and my latest buy which is the Rice Sebum control toner from the Face Shop.

Here are my reviews on each of these products:

1. The Vital Red Soil foamy cleanser - it lathers well and you can feel that it deep cleanses without stripping off essential oil from the epidermis, I love its sturdy packaging and unlike gooey cleansing gels in tubes, it doesn't flow out and leave a mess. It also keeps my cheeks hydrated unlike some cleansing mousse which leaves them flaky and red --- highly recommended for combination skin (oily T-zone, dry cheeks). *Hubby also tried this foam and loved it*

2. The Fruit Mix cleansing cream - the salesgirl told me it comes in either emulsion or cream form, the former being too mild to remove liquid foundation. I am usually not a fan of thick rich creams but this one has definitely changed my mind. As you rub it into the skin, it becomes a lighter fluff and removes all traces of liquid foundation plus loose powder. Plus its heavenly fruity fragance makes you crave for more. A good alternative to cleansing milks which I had been using up to now.

As for the toner, I shall update my blog when I have used it for a 2 weeks trial period. I read with interest that there is another Korean store called Beauty Credit which is now available in Vivocity. Well, I know it won't be too long before I do hop down and grab another item from them soon. Considering the exorbitant prices of European skincare and the even more exorbitant prices of Japanese brands, I may consider switching altogther to Korean products which costs a fraction of their European/Japanese counterparts and does its job just as well.

Try checking out their range of skincare and makeup at www.thefaceshop.com and yesterday i came across www.skinfood.com as well.






2 comments:

Pudgy Mummy said...

Really that good? Sounds like it's worth a try!

therens said...

I think if you like fruity au naturel scents, you'd like this brand. Check out the samples at their various branches. I've started on the toner. So just watch for my reviews in 2 weeks.

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration