Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Monday, December 18, 2006

And The Skies are Still Crying

It's been 2 whole days since the skies started pouring and it still is. It's days like these that makes me feel 'relieved' for once that there's almost zilch chance of my home being submerged by flood waters. In fact, just to give you an analogy of how heavy the downpour has been -- a 'lake' (of the muddy sort) has suddenly 'appeared' in the middle of this green lush patch of grass opposite my home and I can see it from the full panelled windows of my living room. The appearance of the lake seems to have amended the view which I am so used to by now. Was commenting to hubby that it would have been nice if our place had a 'sea view'... so this is probably the closest we'll ever get to it huh? **ha ha**

Speaking of wet days, one of those memories etched in my mind is definitely the day it rained so hard my school flooded and we had to be let off earlier than usual. And I had to wade through thigh-high waters to get to the car Dad was waiting for me in and my school uniform was soaked cos I didn't have an umbrella with me. Another memorable occasion would be getting of the bus at the bus stop with my classmate and then running in about 2.5km into her estate without an umbrella. Both of us, needless to say, were sneezing and badly needed a warm shower and a hot bowl of soup which her maid so promptly provided. Given another 20 years I'd still recall these two incidents.

I certainly do hope the weather clears up in a couple of days or it'll be a wet wet Christmas. The rain does make one depressed, does it not? Dark gloomy weather... sigh...till the next blog...

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration