Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The New IKEA

Finally, hubby n I had a rare chance to shop at the new IKEA Tampines. Although it's already been a short while since IKEA opened its doors on 30th November, I 've been putting this trip off cos I guessed I'm the kind who doesn't love squeezing with the crowds. The moment we exit the expressway, it was queue-queue-queue all the way into the multi-storey carpark. We inched and inched and scanned hard for spaces to squeeze into. I dare say 25 minutes at least to get a decent parking lot before jamming with the weekend crowd on the travellator.

Once there, hubby n I hunted for the IKEA restaurant -- me in the hope I can have my poached norwegian salmon n he for the local special. Alas, there was absolutely no more space and I could only sniff in the aroma of deep fried chicken wings, swedish meat balls and poached salmon from the plates of those who had probably fought hard for their prized seats. **Disappointed**

I managed to get a swivel chair in bubblegum pink with silver legs for my pink-crazy princess and of course, more kitchen accessories for myself, a clear plastic clock for her room and magazine files for my hubby who has innate karang-guni instincts (he keeps every single manual of everything we've ever bought). The bright yellow egg-shaped table top and legs were out of stock sadly...

We left IKEA feeling barely half-satisfied. So... our plan B is to hit the store after 8pm on weekdays and/or before 9.30am on weekends if I wanna eat my poached salmon. Luckily we managed to stumble our way into a Koufu foodcourt that served very good grilled fish with spaghetti and a sunny side-up that satisfied my craving... at least for today....ha ha.

Okay, wish me luck for the next trip...

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration