Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Day It Wouldn't Stop Raining

Today has been a day of de ja vu...why? Cos it wouldn't stop pouring. Right in the early morning, it started off with a light drizzle, then it got heavier as I was munching on my morning sandwich and by the time I hit the roads, it started to get so heavy, sheets of water were just preventing me from getting a clear view of the cars behind me through the rear window screen. Suffice to say that reminded me of my driving test when the rain got so bad, it started to fog up and my side mirrors reflected nothing clearly and I started to feel frightened and lost my calmness of mind...well, it would not require much imagination to figure out the results of my test then. Hence, whenever I (have to) drive in the rain, I start to sub-consciously remind myself that I need to remain calm to survive the drive to my destination....a simple theory of the mental state affecting the physical state.

Needless to say, the incessant instoppable rain made me home-bound, much to my chagrin. I'd wanted to run out to the supermarket to grab a couple of missing ingredients but decided against it cos I didn't want to risk getting a cold. That meant I was stuck with TV...and not that I'm extremely picky, but there simply wasn't anything watchable... now it would have been nice if I had a DVD to keep myself busy after lunch. Lesson learnt... must always have a couple of DVD titles on hand as Plan B on a rainy weekend...

Let's hope tomorrow brings clear skies...

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration