Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Friday, December 15, 2006

Anyone watched The Lakehouse?

This is not so much a reflection blog but a query. Has anyone out there seen this movie? i was really tempted to pick it off the shelf along with the animated titles but resisted the move until i read the reviews of it. www.rottentomatoes.com rates it 36% which is very disappointing compared to 76% garnered by The Devil Wears Prada.

One reviewer's comment read "This insultingly dumb film doesn't even have the good manners to be fun...This new star-studded fantasy romance features Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves as two star-crossed, would-be lovers who face what seems to be the insurmountable obstacle of living two years apart. No, it doesn't make much sense, and you never lose the feeling that the makers of "Siworae" (known elsewhere as "Il Mare"), the 2000 Korean film that "Lake House" is based on, did not intend such sappiness for its creation."

Anyone has an opinion on this? ...pls comment...

2 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

Are you planning to buy or rent the show?

My opinion's a little biased becos I've watched Il Mare, the Korean version and liked it a lot. So, I kinda like the ang moh version too, although I think I like the Korean one a little better.

If you plan to watch shows like this, forget about the plot/depth or how realistic the show is and just enjoy it for its entertainment value. But if you can't and you don't like either Sandra Bullocks & Keanu Reeves to begin with, then, you might wanna skip this.

I watched it on the flight from SIN-LAX, so can't complain.

therens said...

Rent the VCD.

I doubt I can find the original Korean version @ Videoezy. They dun seem to stock foreign titles.

I'm not exactly a fan of Sandra B nor K Reeves. So probably if I can't find anything else on the shelves, I'll pick this.

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration