Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Casualty

Today started off as a relatively uneventful day until my mobile phone rang... "Mummy, I fell down..." "Huh? Where?" I enquired. "At the basketball court..." Nic replied. "During PE lesson?" I probed. The phone was then passed to a lady who told me "Your daughter fell down in school, we're just calling to inform you." "Is there any bleeding or injuries? Can she still walk?" I asked and then I decided since she could still walk, perhaps she should return to class and resume her lessons.

The moment I saw Nic, I realised the extent of her 'injuries' - a bruised elbow, skin on her knee cap rubbed off, a blue-black patch on the side of the knee cap and scratches on her nose bridge... Geez! Disfigured! Sigh! She started to relate how it happened during her PE lesson when her classmate who was over-anxious pushed her and she fell flat on the basketball court grounds, sending her into wails of tears.

I sent a quick sms to Daddy who responded in lightning speed - "Serious?" "Need to see a doctor?" "Check her injuries". I guess fathers respond differently from mummies about sustained injuries. Daddies worry about the extent of the injuries whilst Mummies worry about being scarred [Again this confirms the Men are from Mars and Women from Venus philosophy]

Considering CNY is just around the corner, this is one bad time to look 'disfigured'. I guess instead of the skirt and polo tee combination, she'll have to wear long pants instead to conceal her scars on the knee cap. Bad timing indeed!

2 comments:

Pudgy Mummy said...

How will Nic, or rather her mummy and daddy, handle the new initiatives on sports (like BASST, Basketball Skills Test)? Got to toughen her up! hehehe...

therens said...

Sigh...already trying very hard to give her more carbs. Mummy and Daddy cross their fingers that their little one will put on more bulk soon.

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration