Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Trip down to Villa'ge Restaurant

Considering it's a long long weekend and that I have to drag myself up at an ungodly hour of 630am tomorrow, today's a great day for hanging out @ Orchard just to eat, shop and people-watch. So, I happily dragged a rather reluctant hubby with kiddo in tow to d'Village at the Heeren (previously known as Marche) and also hubby's fren's teenage son who's here to study at ACS(I) on a scholarship along. For starters, kiddo and I shared a thick flavourful rich mushroom soup before venturing onto Rosti with pork sausage and for dessert, we happily chomped down crepes with custard served with a scoop of strawberry ice-cream. Hubby ordered his grilled salmon and forgot to add his dash of lemon juice before shoving it down his throat (and then complained about how bland his salmon was) and washing it down with a cuppa. Our carnivorous teenage guest had his favourite grilled beef with mashed potatoes and a tiramisu (with hubby nagging at him to eat his veggies). Would have gone for the rich chocolate cake if I still had space in my stomach.

After a long delightfully satisfying lunch, we marched onto Takashimaya for some shopping. Considering it's a public holiday, it really wasn't very crowded in town much to my surprise. Perhaps the crowd is at Vivocity [thank God for megamalls]?

Singapore truly is very boring a place. Other than restaurants and malls, there isn't much to see or do. Would be nice if we had more parks and nature reserves. I think we may end up even hanging out at the airport if we really run out of places to be at.

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration