Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Scenic views from Upper Pierce Reservoir

Gathering & Night Tour

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ms Blur Sotong

Just when things were getting settled down in school and Nic's adapted to the "sleep @ 0930 -wake up @ 0630" routine, she fell prey to viral fever infection (sending her body temperature rising in the wee hours of the morning) and that started her wheezing chesty cough again ***Big huge sigh***... so I decided to let her stay home and rest instead of heading for school. The PD says to let her refrain from any vigorous activity for the time being and kept assuring me that all will be well in a week's time. I do hope so too cos the sleep deprivation will soon drain me of all my energies. [When severely sleep-deprived, I instantly metamorphosize into this blood-thirsty, easily-irrate, grouchy grump of a monster].

Today she's back in school but excused from PE (physical education class) for a week. I thought she would bring back loads of homework from yesterday but surprisingly no. I checked her notebook for notes from the teacher but found none. I asked her over dinner if she checked with her teacher...her reply was 'No'. Then I probed further and asked her if she checked with her good fren-buddy-cum-neighbour J.O. and again she gave me this quizzical "No" and "what for?" look.

Worry worry worry....should I email the form teacher to ask? Would that be adding more pressure to the poor lady? She sounded rather pressurized when I rang her on Monday to explain Nic's medical condition. I wonder when this incessant worrying will stop (or will it never?). The daily question is "Am I giving her too much stress?" and "Is she enjoying her primary school life?" I suppose all parents are in the same dilemma as I am, constantly asking and wondering if we've done what we can possibly for our child/children. So it would really help if Ms Blur Sotong did ask her classmates what had happened in school the day she wasn't around.

No comments:

Best of Pals

K2 Graduation Ceremony

Nic's birthday celebration